What Does an Executive Producer Do in The Film Industry?
Today I am jotting down some notes I took while researching the role of an “Executive Producer” of movies:
• Overall responsibility for a film but does not actually make it.
• Typically raises the funds to pay for making the film.
• Usually develops or buys the story and screenplay.
• Hires and supervises the Producer and sometimes the Line Producer who actually create the film.
• Representative and liaison to the investors, studio or distributor.
• Ensure the projects stays on budget, on schedule and is being executed as planned.